Monday, May 6, 2019

Target Making and Practice in the Rain

A group of us gathered at SUNYA on Saturday to tackle the monumental task of making the targets for the novelty and youth tournaments at War of the Roses. Our goal was to get the designs drawn onto the cardboard, and then each of us would  take a couple of them home to paint them.

Well.



In addition to Jonathan, Janna, and the MITs (me and Elena), we had our Baron and Baroness and Their daughter! So not only were we able to get everything traced, but we got everything painted as well. Many hands make light work! You should definitely come out and shoot at Roses--it's gonna be a great tournament!














Then on Sunday, we the nutty but dedicated few went out to the range in the rain and shot royal rounds. It was ... weird. I expected my arrows to strike lower, because of the added weight of the water in the fletching. However, I overshot the target repeatedly--especially at 30 yards. Baffling.

20: 16
20T: 11
30: 11
40: 9
TOTAL: 47

So, it was decent, but not spectacular. It's probably the last time I'll get out to shoot for a while, because I'm having surgery tomorrow.

To end on an exciting note: we nabbed a second Jo-Jan multifletcher! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

4/7/19 Royal Round

I had a very good day at the range today! 😊 20: 22 20T: 17 30: 15 (a new personal record!) 40: 2 Total: 56 Averaged with my last tw...